Michelle Ross is an experienced, thoughtful and accomplished Educational Therapist, with an established record of success helping students maximize their academic potential. Working with students who have been identified with a learning challenge as well as those who are simply struggling with their schoolwork, Michelle Ross helps students obtain the skills to succeed while observing and monitoring progress during the school year.
Michelle Ross provides prescriptive teaching, case management, consultation, positive behavior support plans, intervention, and remediation for students with a variety of learning differences, including Dyslexia, Auditory Processing, Visual Processing, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Executive Functioning, Autism, Dysgraphia, and Dyscalculia. All students are evaluated to assess their unique needs and to develop a customized treatment plan.
Michelle’s comprehensive approach incorporates Research-Based and Multi-Sensory programs, including Lindamood-Bell, Orton-Gillingham, LANGUAGE!, Read Naturally, Words Their Way, Handwriting Without Tears, TouchMath, Making Math Real and the University of Kansas Strategic Instruction Model (SIM) Learning Strategies. Michelle also incorporates technology when needed to enhance learning.
In addition to working with students individually, Michelle Ross collaborates with educational professionals as well as Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists and Psychologists to implement a comprehensive and therapeutic treatment plan. Michelle Ross provides the structure, encouragement, support and guidance students need to improve their scholastic performance.
Multi-Sensory and Research-Based Programs Implemented:
- Lindamood-Bell Phoneme Sequencing for Phonemic Awareness, Reading and Spelling (Lips)
- Lindamood-Bell Visualizing and Verbalizing (V/V) for Language Comprehension and Thinking
- Orton-Gillingham Multi-Sensory Method
- LANGUAGE! The Comprehensive Literacy Curriculum – Kindergarten-12th Grade
- Read Naturally Fluency Program
- Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary and Spelling Instruction
University of Kansas Strategic Instruction Model (SIM) Learning Strategies
- Inference Strategy
- LINCS Vocabulary Strategy
- Word Mapping Strategy
- EDIT Strategy
Handwriting Without Tears
- Pre-Kindergarten to 5th Grade
Making Math Real (MMR)
- The Nine Lines Intensive
- The 4 Operations and the 400 Math Facts
Inspiration and Draft: Builder